Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
Structural Engineer - Light gauge steel framing
A Structural Engineer is required to join a well-established and very successful Engineering business,specializing in the design and fabrication of steel structures made with modular / light gauge steel framing construction methods. The head office is based in the West Midlands however you will be able to work from home on a flexible basis, with a salary circa £40,000 - £50,000 D.O.E. + company benefits.
The successful Structural Engineer will join the Engineering team to undertake Engineering duties on a range of projects which vary but include the likes of schools, hospitals, retail complexes etc..
• Design of various steel structures (buildings) – modular construction, light gauge framing, and hybrid (hot and cold rolled steelwork).
• Production of structural engineering calculations (wind loads etc..).
• Supporting the internal drawing office with design/engineering assistance.
• Liaising with clients and other project stakeholders as required.
• Be a qualified Structural Engineer.
• Prior experience working on steel structures (buildings) is essential.
• Experience working on light gauge steel frames/modular structures would be advantageous.
• Working from home - after initial training / initiation (equipment supplied).
• A very competitive salary circa £40 - £50K D.O.E.
• Very good career progression opportunities within the organization.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
All applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
Steel Connexions Ltd. is a specialist recruitment company, dedicated to the structural steelwork industry and associated trades, owned and managed by industry experts.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.