Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
Steelwork Buyer needed!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Steelwork Buyer to join a well established and successful Engineering company based in Nantwich. They specialise in the design and fabrication of a range of structural steelwork for the construction industry. On offer for the successful candidate is a very competitive salary (negotiable dependent upon experience) and excellent working conditions.
Buyer Role Overview:
- To carry out steel procurement activities on a day-to-day basis, sourcing from various suppliers.
- To negotiate cost and lead time reductions with suppliers.
- To provide professional procurement support to the supply chain management of the department.
- Responsible for Quality, Cost and Delivery for allocated supplier.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Good purchasing/buying experience in a steelwork engineering/fabrication environment is essential.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Good attention to detail.
- Computer literate .
- Be financially and commercially astute.
If you are an experienced Buyer with experience in the steelwork engineering/fabrication industry please apply now.
For more information please contact James at Steel Connexions.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
All applications should be made with an up to date CV and salary expectations.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.