Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a successful and well established steelwork engineering business based in Wakefield. They supply the construction industry and now seek a Procurement Manager to join their team and head up the procurement side of the business. On offer is a competitive salary and rewarding career for the successful candidate.
Procurement Manager duties include:
- Playing a key role in ensuring the company works within budgets and operates profitably.
- Managing a team of Contract Co-ordinators purchasing goods and services.
- Ensuring the company obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the control and development of the Procurement Business.
- To represent the company in all dealings with suppliers in a manner which enhances the company’s reputation.
- Research and identify potential new suppliers and supply routes across all categories.
- Ensuring competitive pricing / service received from all supply routes, across all categories (Equipment, MHE, Transport and Installation).
- Ensure HSEQ is fully considered in procurement activities.
Procurement Manager requirements:
- Solid experience within a similar procurement/buyer role.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures.
- Flexible and Positive Attitude.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Data Analysis.
- Excellent Organisational Skills.
- Good Negotiator.
- Strategic Planning Abilities.
- Good Working Knowledge of Supply Management Software principally SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Good background knowledge of steel based manufacturing processes (sheet metal work / pressing / welded assemblies), with ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings would be advantageous.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest and you have the desired skills and experience we invite you to apply. All applications must be accompanied with an up to date CV and salary requirements, a cover letter would also be helpful.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
For more information please contact James at Steel Connexions.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.