Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
Our client, based in South Lanarkshire, Scotland, is a leading steelwork fabricator and construction company fabricating and erecting structural steelwork throughout the UK and Ireland. They also undertake Main Contractor projects directly including Industrial and Agricultural projects.
Due to continuous expansion an opportunity has arisen for an additional Site Manager.Initially the successful applicant will be based permanently on one project / site and travel home at weekends etc. The project is envisaged to last until around the end of 2018. Thereafter the Site Manager will work on future projects of mixed duration on sites throughout the UK.
The Site Manager will report directly to the Project Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the site
Your key activities will include but not be limited to: -
• Ensuring that the Project target dates and the critical paths are maintained.
• Effectively monitoring and controlling work flows, staff resources, plant, material & call off schedules.
• Take ownership of agreed construction programmes at pre-start meetings and assist the Project Manager in accepting and checking the full construction package information being handed by Quantity Surveyors / Design Managers / Project Managers / Senior Management Team.
• Timely production of accurate reports on progress for circulation to clients and internal teams as and when required.
• Liaise and communicate with other contractors on appropriate issues to ensure a consistency with communication and the speedy resolution of any issues.
• Responsible accurate record keeping of quality control documents and ensure that additional works are requested in a timely manner and agreed with the client. Ensuring that subcontract works are carried out in accordance with quotations and or specifications. Ensure site based prelims are kept to a minimum. Management of sub-contractors so as to maximise contract performance against KPI's, minimise default notices and penalties and to ensure high levels of customer service
• Monitor Health and Safety and amend/compile all necessary documentation
• Good leadership, time management and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate a team.
Your Qualifications and experience should be: -
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects
• Significant experience over a range of engineering topics. Ideally to include construction management experience.
• CSCS Card at Site Manager Level.
• Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
• Valid SMSTS Training Certificate.
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages and able to pick up new software quickly.
Candidate must be willing to travel to sites throughout the UK and stay away from home when required.
The company offers excellent pay and working conditions with fantastic and diverse career opportunities available for hard working and driven individuals.
Applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV and all applications will be treated in confidence.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Please state if you have a current driving license.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.