Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
Graduate/Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Based in South Lanarkshire, Scotland, our client is a leading steelwork fabricator and construction company fabricating and erecting structural steelwork throughout the UK and Ireland. They also undertake Main Contractor projects directly including Industrial and Agricultural projects.
Due to continuous expansion an opportunity has arisen for a Graduate/Trainee Quantity Surveyor.
An element of training will be required using software and systems, the final role will include and require you to: -
• Manage all costs relating to projects including reporting
• Assisting estimating where reqd.
• Reviewing contracts and preparing contract documents.
• Understanding and knowledge of types of contracts and conditions
• Sub contract ordering
• Preparing interim valuations / final accounts
Graduate Quantity Surveyor Essential Knowledge:
• Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
• Educated to degree level would be preferred but not essential, as HND level etc considered as well as candidates that have working experience within a steelwork fabricator / construction company.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor Essential Skills:
• Good client facing skills with a client orientated approach.
• Commercially astute.
• Ability to work within a team.
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organisational & Planning Skills.
• Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor Essential Attitudes:
• Safety Focus
• Customer Focus
• Positive and Flexible Approach
• Honesty and Integrity
• Open to Innovation
• Open to Collaboration
• Right First Time Approach
• Strong Personality and Professional Approach.
The company offers excellent pay and working conditions with fantastic and diverse career opportunities available for hard working and driven individuals.
The company is based in South Lanarkshire, so any applicant wishing to be considered must live within a sensible commuting distance or be willing to relocate.
Applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV and all applications will be treated in confidence.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Please state if you have a current driving license.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.