Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
Design Engineer/Structural Engineer needed!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Structural Engineer to join our client on a full time PAYE basis. On offer for the successful candidate is an excellent salary, a friendly working environment and an exciting career with a market leading engineering company based in Derbyshire.
Design Engineer/Structural Engineer duties include:
- Produce structural designs (steel & timber) including connection details and temporary works for both live projects and tenders.
- Attend pre / post contract design meetings, either independently or as part of a team as required.
- Liaise as required (email, calls, marked-up drawings etc) to ensure design intent and other critical information is clearly relayed and understood.
- Review and assess designs produced by other engineers as required, ensuring validity.
- Provide competent design advice, in support of the Contracts, Estimating and Commercial departments.
Design Engineer/Structural Engineer requirements:
- Formal qualifications in engineering to MEng or Msc level and ideally working towards Chartered status.
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant design codes (both British Standards and EuroCodes).
- Previous experience working designing structural steel or timber frames.
- Previous experience using structural design software is important. Currently used internally is Master Series and CSC Fastrak software – experience in using these packages would be preferable however training can be provided.
- Ability to work to deadlines, ensure delivery to agreed programme and commercial constraints
- Good IT skills including Excel, word and Outlook.
- Be a good communicator and have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
If you have the desired skills and experience please apply now.
For more information please contact James at Steel Connexions: email@example.com/07780 457 909.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
All applications should be made with an up to date CV and salary range expectations.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.