Professional recruitment dedicated to the steelwork industry
Not a member? Join below!
Forgotten your password?
Free registrationFree advice centreConfidentiality Option
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established and busy steelwork contractor based in West Sussex. Our client is small but successful steelwork fabrication business that design, fabricate and erect/install a range of steel projects including stairs, hand rails, balconies, mezzanine floors, portal frame buildings etc. Due to sustained workload they now wish to appoint a additional Estimator and on offer for the successful candidate is a secure rewarding career, a friendly work environment and a very competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience).
The successful candidate will join the existing Estimating team and will be responsible for pricing projects for construction companies and contractors etc. You will be required to carry out your duties with minimal supervision and be working both on your own initiative and as part of a team at times.
Estimator role includes:
- To receive & respond to enquiries from existing and new clients.
- Read technical tender drawings.
- Liaise with client and internally as required to ensure project brief is covered.
- Produce estimates/take offs (steelwork, labour, equipment etc).
- Generate quotation tender documents and send to clients.
- Maintain and develop on-going professional relationships with key customers.
Steelwork Estimator requirements:
- Previous experience in costing either architectural or structural steelwork is essential (stairs, balustrades - steel framed buildings etc).
- Good knowledge of the steelwork/construction industry is essential.
- Understanding of fabrication and be able to fully read and interpret working drawings.
- Proactive and organised, strong time management and planning skills, good attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Good personal communication skills (written and oral) and able to communicate confidently with Engineers, clients and suppliers.
If you have the desired skills and experience and this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply now!
All applications should be made with an up to date CV and salary range expectations.
© 2009 Steel Connexions Ltd. All rights reserved.